Thursday, August 30, 2012

Essence Ultimate Pink

Hiiiii lovely readers! I'm in a particularly great mood today because work has given us two extra days off for the weekend, which in conjunction with the holiday on Monday, makes for a five-day weekend for me. Let the relaxation begin! :-)

Essence recently revamped their Colour & Go line with 18 new colors that come with new bottle and brush designs. I received a few colors to try out, so I will be sharing them with you. Today I'll start with Ultimate Pink, a girly, medium fuchsia pink with a creme finish.






While Ultimate Pink isn't a particularly original color, this sort of bright and summery pink is definitely a crowd favorite. The formula is a little on the thin side, and it spreads out easily into even coats. It is not runny and there is no pooling, but I did notice some bubbles, probably due to the thinner consistency of the formula. 

Here's how the new bottle and brush stack up against the old one. 



You can see that the new bottle is bigger0.27 fl oz versus 0.16 fl oz, and the new price reflects that$1.99 versus 99 cents. The new brush head is wider than before and is rounded like a paddle. While I love the bigger width, I'm not a huge fan of the paddle shape. The rounded corners make it hard to get clean, defined corners on the cuticle-side of the nail. I do like that the new bottle is easy to open and close, and you even get the feedback of a little click once the bottle is tightly closed.

You can find Ultimate Pink at Ulta, HEB, and Fred Meyer for $1.99 for 0.27 fl oz.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me by the company for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more info, please view my Disclosure Policy.

20 comments:

  1. Pretty color! And lucky you, long weekend! We have to work on Labor Day at my job, so I get just the regular old 2-day weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like the color. Aww sorry to hear you have to work during the holiday. ><

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  2. I like the new brush better than the old one. I work better with a wide brush than with a narrow one. Cool pink, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like the color and the new wider brush. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. love the bottle and this is a perfect shade of pink! i love this! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the pink and the new bottle! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  4. i think its a great pink! and i really like the new bottle and brush! will def be picking some of these up. i never really gave that line a chance before bc i try to avoid minis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad you like it! The little bottles are so cute and uch a great price, it's hard to pass them up. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  5. I agree on the brush aspect, I'm not particularly crazy about wide brushes wither, the small ones makes it easier for me...
    But the color is vibrant and beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the new bottle. I'm glad it has the wider brush but I'm not sure how I feel about the shape of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new bottle is super cute, but the paddle brush is a little awkward in my opinion.

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  7. Everyone needs a hot pink in their collection :) I haven't seen these new Essence nail polishes around where I live. But I'm sure we'll get them sooner or later. I think I'd prefer the wide paddle brush - I find it a bit easier than the thin ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that everyone needs a hot pink. I'm glad you like the new brush. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  8. Love the new bottle look! That pink looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad you like the new bottle and the pink! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  9. :O I just got this from my Ulta run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm looking forward to seeing your thoughts on it! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  10. I like it a lot is a lovely bright colour.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...